Music Connection’s feature article, Rehearsal, Secrets of the Pros, in the Vol. XXVIII, No. 17 issue reveals tips from a cross-section of pros.
The 10 Commandments of Rehearsing…..
1. Be on time and be focused
2. Have your sheet music and gear organized in advance
3. Concentrate on the trouble spots before running the set list
4. Plan your rehearsals and agree in advance if the purpose is to develop new materia, fine tune a set,
or prepare for an important gig.
5. Run through the set in order, complete with transitional times and patter in between the songs, prior
to an important performance.
6. Have spare strings, picks, and drumsticks.
7. Avoid having guests…girl or boyfriends
8. Record your rehearsal and critique them afterwards.
9. Never over-rehearse and dull your material by repetition.
10. Be supportive in communicating with band members when recapping each rehearsal.
Make sure to pick up a copy of Music Connection and read the full article.0