I’m on the road, and GMail is unusually fritzy… so on with our look back at the year’s most talked-about posts. Here’s what was on the top of our minds in February:
- Given enough time, clubs can survive just fine under government-imposed smoking bans.
- We talked about "above the web/below the web," a great philosophy to understand how your online activity is just one small part of your overall audience building strategy.
- The fallout of New York State’s investigation into independent promoters and radio payola effectively nailed the casket shut for independent music on mainstream FM radio in America.
- Summer is a great time to send your little girl to rock & roll camp!
- Quite innocently, I coined a mini-meme catch phrase: Slow Cooked Success.